Dr. Pasha's Arabic Language and Cultural Immersion Sessions -- Lesson 42
- Read Surah Ar-Rahman: 1-14. Do so aloud and multiple times.
- Use Arabic-English Dictionary to check out vocabulary.
- Or simply read Translations.
- If you can, memorize those Aayaat: 1-14.
- While Translations are almost indispensable at this present juncture in our history, Transliterations for Tilaawat Purposes are, in my view, Haram.
- My General Theory of Languages: All translations are paraphrases, and they are mostly off the mark.
- As a result, all translations must be taken to come with a Margin of Error. Or, alternatively, with a Band of Uncertainty and Doubt surrounding them.
Read up, and study, following Aayats:
8.a. Innahum Fityatun Aamanoo Birabbihim...
8.b. Walladheena Jaahadoo Feena La-Nahdiyannahum Subulana.
8.c. Innalladheena Qaaloo Rabbunallahu Thummastaqaamoo...
Study following Divine Scale of Miracles:
9.a. Ittaqullaha Haqqa Tuqaatihi.
9.b. Ittaqullaha Mastata'tum
Study following Aayah:
Wa La Nabluwannakum Bi-Shayi-in Minal Khawufi Wal Joo-i...
- Attack your Nafs and bury it.
- Go after your Hawaa and bury it.
- Learning Qur'an is a matter for your Ruh to deal with, and not a domain for your Intellect to juggle or wrestle with.
- Prepare your Ruh to behold the Cavalcade of Miracles unfolding before you in the Qur'an.
- A Miracle for our purposes is an Event of Smallest Possible Probability. Least Likely Event. An Event Unusual to the point of being Almost Not Possible.