Dr. Pasha’s Arabic sessions – Lesson: 44
Dr. Pasha's Arabic Language and Cultural Immersion Sessions -- Lesson 44
Arabic Language and the Qur'an
- There is no one-to-one direct correlation between knowing Arabic Language and Understanding and Appreciating the Qur'an.
- That means, knowing Arabic Language does not automatically lead you to understand the Qur'an; or to appreciate the Qur'an's miraculous use of Arabic Language; or to accept the Qur'an as a Divine Document sent down by God Almighty to teach you how to navigate your life on God's Earth.
- Abu Jahl and Abu Lahab were masters of Arabic Language, but enemies of the Qur'an.
- Christians in Arab Countries know Arabic Language, speak Arabic Language, conduct their affairs in Arabic Language, but Qur'an to them remains a stranger.
Understanding and Appreciation of Qur’an is a Gift from God. More so than all the other gifts he has showered you with in your life.
Don't forget that every breath you are allowed to take is a very special Gift to you from God.
And so is every step you are allowed to walk on God's Earth.
And every morsel of food you are allowed to eat, and digest, and draw your energy, and strength and life-fuel from.
- If Allah chooses to give you the Gift of the Qur'an, you will get it. If he chooses to deny you that Gift, you can learn all the Arabic you want, the Qur'an will be Light Years from you.
- That happened to me in my own life. For years, Qur'an and I were strangers, even though people would say I knew Arabic Language fairly well, in fact quite well. But the Qur'an and I did not connect. And that was till I was able to Get My Act Together, as they say, and Allah's Mercy Enveloped me. After that, the Gift of the Qur'an to me was a Cascade. It was then that it became clear to me that any word out of my mouth other than Al-Hamdu Lillah would constitute a Kalimat Kufr for me: Kaafir Language.
One thing that helps is a Healthy or Sound Heart: Qalbin Saleem.
Illaa Man Atallaha Bi-Qalbin Saleem.
A Healthy or Sound Heart is one that is free from the taint of Nafs and Hawaa.
- Nafs and Hawaa roughly mean Ego and Self-Importance; Personal Whims and Fancies.