I suggest all those attending my Zoom programs, and every Muslim everywhere, and every non-Muslim as well, do the following assignment. It is about something called Zulm. If you know how to read the Qur'an in...
Pasha Hour International of August 5, 2014, talks about the importance of asking questions. It says Islam came to teach people to think.
And to ask questions.
It says what people call "Religion" generally discourages people from thinking.
And from asking questions.
But Islam does the opposite. It insists that people learn to think and to ask questions.
The Qur'an seems to suggest -- often quite strongly -- that thinking and reasoning and understanding are the pathways to Paradise.
The Qur'an emphasizes the importance of the role of thinking in human life so much and so repeatedly that it may not be an exaggeration to refer to it as a Manual of Thinking and Asking Questions.
Or simply as a Manual of Human Thought.
The Qur'an seems to suggest -- and quite clearly and strongly -- human success and salvation, both in this world as well as in the next world, depend on the ability to think, to reason, to ask probing questions and to make sound judgments.
In doing this, the Qur'an takes the exact opposite path to what most people in this world refer to as "Religion."
Is it a surprise then that what people call "Religion" is from people -- meaning it has an entirely human source, as it is mostly a human creation or artifact -- whereas the Qur'an -- and Islam -- has an entirely divine origin?
And they are -- Qur'an and Islam both -- directly from God and not a product of the human mind.
How much clearer can it get?
Think! For, Islam Is about Thinking. And It Is about Understanding! Dr. Pasha (Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time! Taking the Qur'an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It --...
“Here is a peek at that most astonishing of all partnerships – the one between God and Man, as they used to say – that provides as spectacular a definition of Islam as anyone would wish to have:
- Allah has created all kinds of food for humans to eat – but the actual eating part, humans will have to do that themselves.
- Allah has created water and all kinds of beverages for humans to drink – but the actual drinking part, humans will have to do that themselves.
- Allah has made the air for humans to breathe and equipped them with lungs to make that possible – but the actual breathing part, humans will have to do that themselves.
- Allah has made the earth for humans to walk on and given them legs to do so – but the actual walking part, humans will have to do that themselves.
- Allah has made night and day for humans to rest and work – but the actual resting and working parts, humans will have to do those themselves.
- Allah has given humans bodies and fitted those bodies with brains and hands and feet and eyes and ears and tongue and mouth and lips – but the actual thinking and acting parts, humans will have to do those themselves.
What an absolutely marvelous and meticulously calibrated partnership this is – between Man, as they used to say, and God.” (Dr. Pasha)
“Between a mindless electorate, a mendacious political elite and a mercenary media, one wonders who is minding the store we call home, sweet home. And who is looking after the interests of the people – the American People, or just about any People Anywhere.” (Dr. Pasha)