Islam gave the world Democracy. Islam gave the world “Religion” without Priests. Islam gave the world Female Liberation. Islam gave the world Universal Education.
We Are Patriots! That Is Who We Are! Dr. Pasha (Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time! Taking the Qur'an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It -- And which...
That is how it was that over fourteen centuries ago Islam forever nailed the three interrelated concepts of Gender Neutrality, Gender Respect and Gender Inclusiveness in all forms of human communication.
And Islam did so using a single word that the Qur’an called Annaas, which means a perfectly gender-neutral concept: “People.”
Not the exclusively and heavily male-gendered expression “Mankind,” which created such havoc in the world at so many levels of human thought, discourse and behavior for so many centuries.
And which subjected women, one half of the human race, to serfdom and second-class status throughout the world.
The Qur’an uses instead the expression “People” that, unlike “Mankind,” includes, in equal measure, both genders: male as well as female; men as well as women.
And the Qur’an uses that expression Annaas – People – not just one or two or 10 times, but close to 250 times.
And not once does the Qur’an use the male-centered “Mankind.”
- Imagine a World without Oil – Muslim Oil!
- Oil, Oil, Everywhere – Muslim Oil
- Thinking Is Critical to Human Life
- Qur’an Wants Everyone to Think
- Qur’an vs. Great Books of Human Authorship
- Muslim Oil: Lifeblood of Modern Civilization
- Muslims and Non-Muslims Must Examine Their Role
- Muslim Oil Producers around the World
- What Does It All Mean?
- World Accountability for Oil and Oil Wealth
- Maybe This Is What We All Need to Do
“Muslim Oil is the Lifeblood of Modern Civilization. You pull it out and civilization as we know it will come to a screeching halt!” (Dr. Pasha)
Taken from article: Muslim Oil