Reviving What We Can of Allah's Deen: A Reaction to New Pasha Hour International -- Live from America! A Program about Islam, Muslims and the World -- Unlike Any! Dr. Judy Kamalodeen Allah's Deen neither dies nor atrophies. It...
New Pasha Hour International -- Still Live from America! Pasha Hour International -- Live from America: A Program about Islam, Muslims and the World -- Unlike Any! was an international radio program, which died...
Reflections on Pasha Hour International Dr. Pasha (Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time! Taking the Qur'an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It -- And which One Does Not?) We...
Pasha Hour International of Friday, May 13, 2016: A Personal Reaction Professor Kalamazad Mohammed Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah! What else can I say? What else is there to say, except, of course Alhamdulillah, which covers every...
Challenges Facing Pasha Hour International Dr. Pasha (Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time! Taking the Qur'an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It -- And which One Does Not?) It...
Some of us decided to organize Listening Groups -- or Discussion Groups -- to listen to portions of Pasha Hour International prerecorded programs.
Not a bad idea, in fact, I should think.
But what "Inquiring Minds," as they say, would be curious to know is this:
Then what happened?
Any follow up?
How did people react when they listened to portions of Pasha Hour International?
Were there any comments?
Were there any questions?
Were there any reactions at all?
How many people were there listening?
How many men? How many women? How many children?
Did they appear interested or did they act like they were bored or distracted?
And a host of other similar questions.
Let me give an example to show why this is important.
Consider this. We opened a shop to sell potatoes.
At the end of the day, after we close shop and go home, will we talk to anyone about how many people came?
How many potatoes we sold?
How much money we made?
How much money we lost?
How many rotten potatoes we had to throw away?
And what possibly we may or may not do different the next day?
Or won't we?
Or will we just curl up and go to sleep and never talk about it to anyone, till SOMEONE ELSE talks to us about it?
Till someone else asks us: "Hey, what happened that day in the Potato Shop you opened?"
That, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between "Doing things for ourselves" and "Doing things for Allah"!
The day we start doing things for Allah the same way as we do things for ourselves, or better, we will change this world.
We will make this world a better place -- For All.
And that is precisely what the Qur'an came to tell us to do!
And that is precisely what Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, showed us how to do!
If the potato shop example is not quite clear, let me give another example: What about the College Entrance Examination you took yesterday?
Will you ever be anxious about it inside yourself?
And will you share that anxiety in some form with others?
And will you buy a newspaper or sit on your computer to find out the results?
Do you think "Islam" deserves less?
Or consider this other example -- a third one.
We submitted an application for this most coveted job in the world.
Everybody wants "Jannat," right? Paradise?
It should be somewhat of a coveted place, correct? Otherwise, why would so many people want it?
And Jannat real estate should have some kind of a market value, don't you think?
And that market value should be the same as at least the least valuable parts of the land where we live?
Or will we say the same as the most valuable parts of the land around us?
Wouldn't we then ever call up to find out what happened to our job application?
Just think, people, for, Islam is about thinking?
And Islam is for thinking people.
At least so says the Qur'an!
- THANKSGIVING IS US!
- FEAR OF GOD AND FEAR OF PEOPLE
- THANKING GOD AND THANKING PEOPLE: CAN’T HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER
- PROPHET, SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WA SALLAM, TEACHES WORLD TO THANK PEOPLE
- THE PASHA CHALLENGE: BRING IT ON!
- WHY THANK GOD AND ALSO HUMAN BEINGS?
- A MATHEMATICAL EQUATION FOR THANKING GOD
- MUSLIMS: WORLD’S DESIGNATED BLESSERS AND THANKERS
- GIVE MUSLIMS A CALL AND THANK THEM
- ALHAMDULILLAH! IS THE BEST PRAYER, SAYS PROPHET MUHAMMAD, SALLALLAAHU ALAIHI WA SALLAM!
- A BUSINESS OR ECONOMIC MODEL FOR GIVING THANKS
- DON’T BE LEFT OUT!
- FORMS OF GOD’S BLESSINGS
- ARE GOD’S BLESSINGS RELATED TO ANYTHING?
- HOW ELSE TO GIVE THANKS
- SOME OTHER “GESTURES” OF THANKS, MAYBE
- CIVIC SENSE IS US TOO
- SIMPLE CIVILITY AND SOCIAL GRACES? WE INVENTED THAT TOO!
- WHAT IS SAID ABOUT ISLAM AND MUSLIMS
- ISLAM AND ELECTIONS: THE TWINS THAT NEVER CAN PART
- WHAT PASHA HOUR INTERNATIONAL STANDS FOR
- ALL THE NAMES PEOPLE USED TO CALL US
- IT IS GOD ALMIGHTY WHO GAVE US THE NAME MUSLIMS
- MUSLIMS ARE ON THEIR PATH TO PARADISE
- CLUELESS MUSLIMS
- MUSLIMS AND THE REAL PERSPECTIVE ON ISLAM
- ISLAM BASHING FEEDS A LOT OF MOUTHS
- WE SAY ABRAHAM, BUT WHAT DO WE GET IN RETURN?
- RETURN OF THE PRODIGAL
- A FAIR EXCHANGE
- TRYING TO CATCH UP WITH LITTLE TRINIDAD
- SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS
- A GIFT IS A GIFT
- NO ONE CAN FORCE ISALM ON ANYONE: HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?
- HUMAN BEINGS ARE EXALTED AND HONORED
- HUMAN BEINGS ARE REPRESENTATIVES OF GOD ON EARTH
- ISLAM IS NOT RUNNING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE – IN THE NAME OF GOD OR IN THE NAME OF ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE
- YOU HAVE THE BLESSING OF CHOICE: THAT IS WHAT MAKES YOU HUMAN
- GOD IS BEAUTIFUL
- TRUE FREEDOM
- STATE OF THE MUSLIMS
- SELLING TRUTH FOR A PRICE
- TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE
- ISLAM IS FREEDOM
- GO WITH WHOEVER OFFERS YOU THE BEST DEAL – THAT IS ISLAM
- COERCION AND VIOLANCE CAN TAKE SEVERAL FORMS
- HUMANITY TAKEN FOR A RIDE
- TRUTH – THE LOST PROPERTY OF THE BELIEVER
- TRUTH – A FUNCTION OF THE BRAIN
- LIGHT OVER DARKNESS
- JESUS AND CHRISTMAS
- THANKING GOD FOR EVERYTHING
- ISLAM IS NOT AGAINST COMMERCE
- WE ARE NOT EVEN AGAINST CAPITALISM
- MUSLIMS ARE NOT ALL THAT BAD
- IT WAS ISLAM THAT TOOK VIOLENCE OUT OF FAITH
- HAJJ – A SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY
- WHERE ARE ALL THOSE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS I AM TOLD MUSLIMS HAVE?
- HAJJ: A MIRACULOUS BLENDER OF HUMAN EQUALITY